Monday, February 15, 2010

Sotto Voce Series

Also during my visit to the Art Walk in Pomona, I came across a series paintings. Out of the series, I really liked this particular painting for many reasons.
From a distance, this painting does not look like much, but as you get closer, you start to notice a lot more detail. I noticed that the background of this painting is completely covered in text. In the center, there is an ambiguous figure of what appears to resemble a griffon. Maybe the painting is trying to describe the griffon as being some sort of messenger. The painting also makes it seem as if the griffon is surrounded by mist making its journey to where ever its destination may be. However, the painting is very ambiguous so I really believe that the image seen varies depending on who is looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment