Monday, March 15, 2010

Placing

The placing of works of art is very important as it helps give the viewers a sense of what goes on in the placers head. For this blog post, I will post pictures up and explain where each picture would go in my room, and why I chose to place it in that particular location.
1. Jessica Alba. If I had a poster with this picture of Jessica Alba I would hang this up on the ceiling right above my bed. "Why the ceiling of all places?" you may ask. The reason I would hang this picture on the ceiling right above my bed is because, that way, Jessica Alba will be the first thing I see when I wake up, and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. I am a huge Jessica Alba fan and I have seen every movie she has ever played a role in.




















2, 3. To the left is my ex-favorite rapper, The Game, legally known as Jayceon Terrel Taylor, and to the right is my current favorite rapper, Young Jeezy, legally known as Jey Jenkins. I would place these two pictures right above my desk as inspiration to help me with a new hobby I picked up, song writing. I would place these pictures on the space above my desk because any song writing (or any form of writing) I do will be done on my desk. So whenever I need inspiration, I'll always know The Game and Young Jeezy are only a foot away. Although song writing and writing lyrics for a rap songs are different in many ways, they do have their similarities. 4.
4. I would place this picture of boxing gloves right on my door. I would place it there because whenever I leave my room to go out, it will be somewhat of a reminder that I need to be active. Boxing has always been a hobby of mine and I love it with a passion. However, lately I seemed to have forgotten about my hobbies so I think putting it on my door would prove to be beneficial.

1 comment:

  1. Eric I think that you reasons for placing these items in your place makes you a typical guy. I don’t mean it in a bad way. It is just interesting to see a more personal feel to the placement of art, rather than your typical profound meaning of a themed art gallery. The descriptions are nice but you should readjust the format because I wasn’t sure which rapper was which. I usually have the same problems with my blog and have to re edit it after I post it. Over all this is a Great post that adds more dynamic your blog.

    ReplyDelete