Monday, March 15, 2010

Pomona Art Walk- March 13

My visit to the Pomona Art Walk this time around was great. It's always fun to see interesting works of art, and what's even better is being able to actually see and talk to the artists of the works of art. I really liked the Pomona Art Walk and the works of art that were being exhibited because I was able to talk to some of the artists and get an understanding of what was going on while the artists made their works of art.
This first painting is called "Weeping Mountains" and it is done with oil on canvas. This particular work of art really caught my eye because I found it interesting the way the mountains were shaped and defined. When looking at this picture, I get the feeling of loneliness which could probably be the reason why the mountains are weeping. Also, if you look closely at the mountain, you can see that a certain area is seems to have been bled. I believe the artist did this intentionally to show that the mountains are actually weeping.
This next painting is untitled and is an oil painting done by Jorge Higuera. What I found interesting about this work of art is how the polar bear and the human standing next to it isn't really drawn to scale. The bear is shown to be enormous in comparison to the man next to it. I find it ironic how the giant polar bear appears to be tamed by the tiny man. Maybe the painting is supposed to symbolize how man and nature can get along in environments where living conditions are tough.

This last painting is called "Go Back" and it's done on ink and gouache. This particular work of art is a picture of a wizard and he appears to be telling the viewers to go back from his hand gesture. I found this work of art interesting because I really liked the colors and the way the white contrasts with blue and black.

Overall, my experience at the Pomona Art Walk was enjoyable. I think I learned a lot more about the different types of art, along with how to appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment